I didn't love this weeks menu. It was Classic Italian but I think it tried to be too fancy and some of the items didn't come out all that well. Here's the menu:
- Roasted Veal with Tuna Mayonnaise
- Field Greens Salad of Duck Confit, Honey Crisp Apples with Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
- Salad of Watermelon, Red Onion, and Watercress
- Marinated Flank Steak with Fingerlings and Asparagus with Romenesco Sauce
- Gratin of Braised Greens, Prosciutto, and Comte Cheese
- Salmon Rilettes Flavored with Lemon and Dill Served with a Brioche Toast
- Mediterranean Potato Salad with Steamed Mussels
- Three Juices: Tamarind, Barlett Pear, Tropical Mango
The salmon dish seemed a little too grainy on the tongue and the flavor was not all that impressive. The potato salad was phenomenol with the mediterranean vinaigrette, but adding the mussels scared some people away and it did not go over that well.
Honey Crisp apples are incredibly sweet and have a wonderful texture to them. The duck confit was amazing, as well as the roasted shallot vinaigrette. So those items all paired perfectly together.
It's Monday today and I went in for my first day of training. I'll write more about it tomorrow. Interesting learning the philosophy of the Four Seasons and how it started and where it's headed.